- Deer steak, cut up into bite sized pieces (Rump steak, or Backstrap)
- Chili powder
- Garlic salt
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- small tortilla shells
- diced tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- lime juice
Venison Steak Tacos
TACCCOOOSSSSS!!! Man who doesn’t love a good taco! AND! Who doesn’t love steak…well I guess vegetarians, but anyway this taco recipe is really simple but SUPER TASTY! It’s literally restaurant grade flavor but better! Because we are using (drum roll)…you guessed it! VENISON! Not only is this gonna taste better but it’s going to be better for you and give your body more of what it needs from a red meat! This recipe is one the whole family will enjoy! Oh! and watch the video if you want to have a good laugh!
- Heat up 1 Tbs olive oil in skillet on medium high heat.
- Once heated, place deer steak pieces in skillet and cook, stirring occasionally to make sure meat is cooked evenly.
- Sprinkle chili powder generously all over the surface of the meat (you can’t screw it up trust me!)
- Followed by moderate sprinkle of garlic salt and cumin (I use more chili powder than I do cumin and garlic salt).
- Continue to cook 5-6 minutes until pink in the center, making sure not to over cook the meat.
- Place steak in tortilla shells and add toppings such as diced tomatoes, avocado slives, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, and a few squirts of lime juice. WOO HOO FIESTA!!