- 1lb ground venison
- Garlic salt
- 1 Sweet onion
- Sliced Rye bread
- Sliced Aged Swiss Cheese
The Venison Patty Melt! First I just want to say that not only is a patty melt one of the most BOMB ASS sandwiches I’ve ever ate! But when I finally made one for myself I used venison! Maybe it was because the meat I used was the meat that I had harvested with my own hands but either way it was the best damn patty melt I had ever had!
Here’s what you do
- Take ground venison and pad it out into the bottom of the bowl
- Sprinkle Garlic Salt and Pepper over the surface of the venison. (Don’t be shy)
- Squirt about 7 shakes of Worcestershire into venison
- Mix meat together and make 1/3 lb patties
- While the patties set up go ahead and slice your sweet onion into about 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices
- Melt 2 tbs of butter into skillet and cook onion slices until browned
- Remove onions from skillet
- Melt 2 tbs of butter into skillet and add venison patties
- cook venison patties for 2 1/2 to 3 min per side (or until cooked through)
- remove patties from skillet and clean excess from skillet (or use new skillet if you don’t want to clean)
Now we are going to finish the sandwich, read carefully if you want to be awesome!
- Melt 1 tbs of butter in skillet and place 2 slices of bread in butter and push bread around skillet to ensure butter is covering underneath both slices.
- Quickly assemble both sandwiches in skillet – Swiss Cheese – Meat – Onion – Swiss cheese – Bread
- When bread is browned (like a grilled cheese) (should only take a few minutes)
- Add another tablespoon of butter, flip sandwich and brown other side of bread.
- Once browned remove from skillet and enjoy your BADASS venison patty melt!!