- 1lb venison steak (cut up into very small bit size pieces)
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Ground Ginger
- 1 bag of dry Coleslaw mix (no sauce)
- small can of chopped water chestnuts
- 1 jar of sliced mushrooms
If you are looking for a healthy meal or you like me and just freakin love egg rolls then this recipe is for you! Egg Roll in a Bowl is a popular dish that you can find several different recipes on usually using ground pork. But me being me I of course decided to use venison. I didn’t want to use ground because when putting this together I felt the texture of steak would be just right with this salty, spicy, crunchy meal. Also this is just to easy to make!
Venison Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Take 1lb of venison (you can use back strap or shoulder steak) and cut in very small bite size pieces around 1/4″ squares
- Brown meat in large skillet with a small amount of olive oil
- Mix 1/2 cup of soy sauce, 2 1/2 tsp of minced garlic, 1 tsp of ground ginger and mix together in small bowl
- When meat is cooked through add 1 bag of dry coleslaw, small can of water chestnuts (chopped), and a jar of sliced mushrooms (drained)
- Add Soy Sauce mixture to all ingredients in skillet and toss mixture until everything is distributed evenly.
- Cook for an additional 5 min or until the cabbage has wilted and everything is heated through.
- Server in a bowl and top with green onions and drizzle Sriracha hot sauce (optional) and enjoy!