- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup minute oats
- 3 scoops Mtn Ops Ammo protein powder
- 2 T wheat germ
- 2 T milled/ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, etc)
- 3/4 cup honey
Tired of always having to drink a boring shake to get in your protein? Trying to be healthy and need just a little something sweet to take the edge off? Well this recipe is sure to knock your socks off. Real ingredients, simple and tastes daggum GOOD!! Make these ahead of time and store in the fridge for an easy snack or supplement. My 2 year old son even loves these things!
- Start with the old fashioned oats, minute oats, wheat germ, flax seed, almonds, protein powder, chocolate chips and cranberries. Mix all the ingredients together well.
- In a separate bowl, microwave the peanut butter (or whatever healthy nut butter you choose) and honey for 30 seconds, until they are soft and able to stir together well.
- Stir those together and slowly pour into the dry ingredients. If you have a stand mixer, GREAT! Just use a dough hook and mix everything together well. If not, stir away or get your hands dirty! Mix it all together real good.
- Then, you want to take a 13 x 9 pan and lay wax paper down on the bottom. Use non stick spray to coat the wax paper.
- Pour in your granola mixture and press it down into the pan real tight. Lay another piece of wax paper over the granola, pop it in the fridge and let it set overnight.. or about 8 hours.
- Cut your granola into bars (I cut into 16 portions) so each portion has 10.5g protein. Store granola bars in fridge.
And now, you have yourself a slap yo momma it’s so good, protein snack!