- 1 venison roast
- 1 packet of “Good Seasons” dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 12oz beef stock
- 12oz can of beer (miller, bud, coors etc.)
- 10 to 15 jared banana pepper rings
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
Hot Hoagies!!! They’re awesome! Warm toasted bread filled with delicious meat, cheese and endless fixin’s. There’s just nothing more satisfying than sinking your teeth into a toasted succulent sandwich of awesomeness!! So now that I have your attention, let me introduce to you the Hot Italian Venison Hoagie!!
- Trim your venison roast of any silver skin or fat and place in a slow cooker
- Pour Beef broth and beer over meat in slow cooker
- Add 1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix
- Add 1 1/2 tsp of oregano, 1 tsp garlic paste and 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Add 10 to 15 banna pepper rings in slow cooker on top of meat and add a splash of the juice from the jar.
- Toss ingredients and cook on high for 6 hours until fork tender
- Pull/shred venison into manageable pieces
- Add meat to sandwich top with mozzarella cheese and banana peppers
- Brush olive oil on top inside of hoagie buns and broil sandwich open face in oven for 2 to 3 min or until browned and cheese is melted
- Remove from oven, drizzle marinara sauce over meat and cheese close sandwich and ENJOY!!