- 4 – 6oz venison Backstraps
- 1 T coffee grounds
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
I love COFFEE! Basically if it tastes like coffee I’ll drink it or eat it. So it only made sense to smother my favorite meat in coffee grounds and assorted spices! This recipe is really..really…really…simple! So enjoy blowing people’s mind and making them think you’re a culinary genius.
Coffee Crusted Venison Backstrap:
-This recipe is for 4 steaks –
- Take all the spices listed in the ingredients list and mix them together.
- Lightly coat each steak in olive oil, just a enough so the rub will stick.
- Cover each steak thoroughly with coffee rub mixture.
- Place steaks off to the side and allow rub to set in on steaks.
- Warm cast iron skillet (if you have one) on medium heat with a small amount of EV00 (extra virgin ollve oil) for 4 to 5 min. You don’t want to skillet to get so hot that it sears the steak and burns the rub we just want to get the skillet warm enough so that the steaks just begin to sizzle.
- Place steaks in skillet and cook for 6 to 8 min depending on thickness – turning steaks every 2 min.
- Remove steaks and let rest for 5 min
There ya go! It doesn’t get any easier than that! Enjoy!